Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friendships...

Lately i have been wanting to write a blog about Friendships, i even wrote it on my to do list. Sadly that was a couple days ago and i really don't remember what exactly i wanted to write about on Friendships.... So why don't i just start writing and just hope something significant comes out of it.

I have as of late, come to the realization that some friends you just have to let go. I am the sort of person who actually values my friends, regardless of what he or she can do for me. When you are my friend i am going to call to see how you are, stay in touch, knit you scarves, listen when your angry, buy you dinner and so forth. When i say i want to hang out i want to hang out and not wait for a better option, when i say i will call later, i call later. I make my friends my priority, but too often i am finding myself as only their option. Its just super lame. I mean really, when will everyone just become adults? haha. When i am talking to you, and you give me a line of Bull, i KNOW you are giving me a line of bull. When you make excuses its embarrassing, wouldn't it be nice if we could all just be honest?

So i have decided that its okay to stand up for myself, to not put effort into "those" friendships anymore. Its a bit hard at first because you realize there is so much history with certain people and at times i feel like its a waste, how much effort i have put in, and for what, a bunch of pictures and a few stories? the answer is yes that's exactly it, and i need to be okay with that. The friendships i am making now at 25 have been more meaningful then any relationships i had before. Sometimes it just takes years to find the right friends, who value you as much as you them. I think a lot of people hit this point, when you realize you have nothing left to give............

I am back in AZ and for awhile. My sister is home, my brothers are home, and i am home and i couldn't be happier. I just need to be okay with my decision and hope that God has a plan for me right here in Glendale, AZ. I am now the freshman coach at Paradise Valley High School. That happened pretty quickly, and just a part time thing, and then we will see what else happens.

Today is Aug 1st and for the next 30 days i am trying this new thing. For 30 min everyday i am going to sit in prayer. A Time to talk with God, but for the entire 30 min i have to be smiling. I did it today, and it was interesting, because sometimes what we talk to God about is not necessarily the happiest of conversations. It was odd, i laughed a few times thinking how ridiculous this may be. But i honestly felt happier, and after i kept smiling for probably another hour... I am hoping to accomplish something from this, what, i am not so sure. I am really hoping my demeanour changes, that maybe i will actually start smiling more in my daily lifestyle... who knows........................................

3 comments:

  1. dude...word. that's about all i have to say about the whole friendship thing. it's just so exhausting isn't it?! you are so right on...

    i LOVE your 30 min in prayer thing. That is so awesome!! I just love it...i want to copy you and your awesome idea...for real.

    dear katie, you rock my world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile, though your heart is aching
    Smile, even though it's breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky
    You'll get by...

    If you smile
    Through your fear and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    you'll find that life is still worthwhile
    If you just...

    Light up your face with gladness
    Hide every trace of sadness
    although a tear may be ever so near
    that's the time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying
    You'll find that life is still worthwhile
    If you just....Smile

    KT girl...I love you indescribably much

    ReplyDelete
  3. So our Next coffee hangout was just an OPTION for you? :) My favorite line of this blog was "Its just super lame." hahaha

    Katie, you're awesome. It was great to reconnect with you over coffee, regardless of which category you think I'm in when it comes to friends.

    :)

    Luke

    ReplyDelete