"I made the economic crisis my boyfriend"- Josh Terry
So as some of you know I started a new job recently.. this past Thursday to be exact. So far, i LOVE LOVE it. It is so perfect and I couldn't be more happy about it.
This past year I have been really stubborn with starting a job. I didn't want to get a job just to say I have a job. I wanted to start a career, in something I love. I suppose you could say I was being selfish about it. With this mentality it meant I had had to live penny to penny, dollar to dollar these past couple months. I didn't have an extra cent to spend on something other then bills and gas, so my shelf in the pantry has been a little bare for quite awhile. But when I got the call last Tuesday and was offered the position I couldn't have been more happier. I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a little tear. I am so happy that I was stubborn and waited.
I am the Program Director for the Village Health & Spa.. or Sport Club out in Verrado. Its a little bit of a drive, so there is the possibility of a move, but I am not too worried about that right now, one thing at a time. For those that keep asking what it is I stole the summary of the job from the job posting.. so here is a little bit of what I will do.
Assist in the long-term retention of memberships by developing, implementing and managing member service programs and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members.
Summary Of Essential Functions:
· Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
· Oversee the aquatics programming, swim lessons and classes.
· Market and organize socials working directly with the Village staff or outside vendor as necessary.
· Place high emphasis on the importance of the social element which includes Assisting with Community Events by working closely with the Verrado Town Management/Verrado marketing Team/Raven Golf Club through interactive community programs such as Founders Weekend and Hometown Holidays also includes participation in planning and execution of club events as needed.
· Manage club calendars of events such as Verrado.net and dmbclubs.com
· Manage Facility Rentals for birthday parties, weddings, church functions and all other event rentals.
· Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals
· Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and training of department staff
· Prepare and manage departmental budget
· Works with all Department heads with all aspects of the club.
· Participates in the Manager on Duty System
· Participate in manager training programs as deemed necessary by General Manager